Friday, August 30, 2019

List of different fashions in Japan

Here



  List of different styles/fashions in Japan





                           Kawaii / Decora


                             




Kawaii or Decora (from "Decoration") is a fashion often used by Japanese girls in Harajuku district. As the name says (decora), it's a style where you decorate yourself. Colored cute hair clips, colored bows, pigtails, high colored socks, colored necklaces etc...  And it has to be cute and child-like (kawaii). I think this fashion is really cute and creative!





Sweet Lolita 




Sweet Lolita is a fashion where the pink and white color dominate. A fashion that is very sweet and cute, but I prefer decora xD 







Gothic Lolita




Gothic Lolita, is like Sweet Lolita but in black color. The high socks and dresses are still there, but in black. Hence the name "gothic lolita"
I think this style is very classy!

Here's another picture of Gothic Lolita style : Here





Ganguro


Ganguro is a rare fashion in Japan, tends to disappear nowadays. It's a style where girls have their hair dyed in blonde, and have their skin hyper tanned. I think this style is really bad in my opinion. The combination of blonde hair and super tanned skin, looks weird to me. I prefer the combination of black hair and pale skin, looks more "japanese" ^^

I think ganguro style is really ugly, sorry for the fans, but i don't like it. And i'm not a fan of tanning anyways xD

Here's a picture of Ganguro style : Here
 
It looks ugly to me xD


Cosplay

Well, not really a fashion, more something you do, cosplay is when you disguise yourself into anime or video games characters. 




So, this was all I know ,  please tell me if I forgot some fashions^^  thanks :)

3 comments:

  1. Hehe, I'm with you that I think the Decora fashion looks the best, and it's always fun to decorate your outfit with lots of stickers and buttons and charms and things! Some of the lolita fashions look nice too, but they remind me a bit too much of Victorian England attire for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOP J'ADORE LES TENUE ÇA ME FAIT PENSER À LA JAPAN EXPO OU JE VAIS DEPUIS 3 ANS; MAIS LES COSPLAY SONT BIEN MIEUX SUR LE SITE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recall reading somewhere that the Ganguro style is supposed to be a rebellious thing against cultural standards in Japan. Traditional beauty standards in Japan, if I was told correctly, revolve around very dark hair and pale skin. The Ganguro style goes in stark contrast to tradition with the discolored hair and tanned skin, hence the rebellious thing. Also, followers of the style are often seen as "rude", which, in my personal belief, is a crass generalization. Do not judge a book by its cover and all that.

    Social norms and stigma aside, I still can't bring myself to like the style. I really do not like how it looks. But, at the end of the day, those beliefs are mine, and mine only. I am no judge of beauty or culture.

    ReplyDelete