Wednesday, January 10, 2024

IVE (New South Korean girlgroup)

 

 

IVE (stands for I've) is a new korean girlgroup. They debuted in 2021 with the song "Eleven". 

 The members are:

 

- Kim Ga-Eul (known as Gaeul), born in 2002 (she's 21 year old now)

- An Yu-Jin (known as Yujin) born in 2003 (she's 20 year old now)

- Kim Ji-Won ( known as Liz) born in 2004 (19 year old now)

- Jang Won-Yeong (known as Wonyoung) born in 2004 (19 year old now)

- Naoi Rei (known as Rei) born in 2004 (19 year old now)

- Lee Hyun-Seo (known as Leeseo) born in 2007 (16 year old now)

 

All members are South Korean except for Rei, who is Japanese. She had to learn Korean before debuting in the group. K-pop is getting more and more popular nowadays overseas so it's not rare to see some foreign members in a Kpop group.  

I usually don't listen to new kpop (4th gen) except for Newjeans. But I wanted to give IVE a try, out of curiosity. And I actually like it!  even if I grew up with SNSD, fx, TVXQ, BoA etc I still love those former groups, but that doesn't mean new groups aren't talented, and I know now I should not sleep on new talented groups like Newjeans and IVE. I used to say "kpop was better before" but now Im getting more open-minded and listen to new groups as well.

I like this group. (IVE). Most of their songs are about self-love, self-confidence and goal-focusing and dreams coming true. It's very positive. Even before you read the translation of the korean lyrics, their songs sound positive and have a "self confidence" or "believe in yourself" vibes. 

I love the song " I AM". Because it's catchy and sounds positive and empowering. I like when Wonyeong jumps out of the plane and then you see all of the girls dancing on the plane's wing, it looks so cool! I think that the scene when Wonyoung jumps out of the plane means that you should "jump" on opportunities and never give up and making your dreams come true. I really like the meaning of this song and video. Very positive and powerful. I also like the song "Love Dive" because it has a catchy and beautiful pre-chorus, and the chorus sounds sassy. The dance break looks cool too.  I also love the song "Kitsch" because it sounds so badass especially the chorus with their lower vocals. 


Here's some songs of IVE :


                          


                                                               I AM :

                                            






                                                         LOVE DIVE : 

 

                                                      

             

                                                          

 

 

                                                      Kitsch:


                                                      







                                     

                                                              ELEVEN: 

 

                   

 

 

 

                                                                        AFTER LIKE (Live):                                

    


No comments:

Post a Comment